Download a document with the information on this page
RSBN is sponsored by Greening Greater Racine. RSBN members are Racine County business owners/representatives fostering sustainable energy and environmental practices in the workplace.
Fostering sustainability as a core value for businesses, their products and practices.
The Racine Sustainable Business Network’s (RSBN) mission is to make Racine County businesses more sustainable and productive by modeling and contributing to environmental, economic and social sustainability.
Means to fulfill vision
- Publicize to area businesses the activities and programs of our organization and its members
- Educate businesses regarding sustainability guidelines, projects, funding, and workshops
- Provide networking opportunities for businesses to learn from each other and from experts.
- Highlight the sustainability of area businesses for the Racine area community
● Provide opportunities: for networking, presentations by experts, success stories, innovations.
● Workshops: on saving money and helping Earth on issues like energy, waste, and water conservation.
● Share resources: for free energy audits, incentives and paybacks, and where to get grants.
● Action areas: electrical energy, HVAC, water, waste and recycling, land use and maintenance, supply chains, cleaning products and procurements, human relations, green team training, marketing.
● Input from participants: conversations/ surveys to determine and meet business hopes and needs.
● SBN leadership planning group: comprised of representatives of small businesses, corporations, agencies serving businesses.
● Newsletter: Provide announcements, news, innovations, success stories, and updates.